Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I might just finally enjoy breast-feeding

Yes, there have been moments, almost once a day that I can really say, I enjoy breast-feeding. Now, I enjoy it even more. Why you ask, I finally have given up pumping at work. Rejoice, Party!!!! I took down the sign covering my office window, like a ceremony! I AM SO HAPPY! I slowly transitioned from pumping 3 times a day to 2 to 1 and finally, I am free. So now I feed my son in the morning, when I get home and before bed. He is so wiggly at 9 months that I enjoy the time as we snuggle (he has eaten laying down since he was 2 months old (I just couldn't get the angle right!).)

In retrospect, I have to say, Abner was FINE going on formula. I knew he would be but the transition was a major mental block for me. Now he has 2 - 4oz bottles (I never could figure out how to get to bigger bottles) and 3 oz of juice a daycare (with the 3 feedings at home).

I just wanted to share my joy with you. 5.5 months of pumping was plenty for me.

V

1 comment:

MamaMeg said...

I'm so glad to be done with pumping too. Pumping at work is the worst. I wish Ava still didn't have teeth but other than that still enjoy the morning and night time feedings.